Exome refers to exons, which are protein coding region in whole genome of an organism. The exome is estimated to encompass approximately less than 2% of the genome, but contains more than 85% of disease related variants. Exome sequencing has emerged as a powerful genetic tool for revealing molecular basis of traits and phenotypic traits.
1. Identification of variants in the coding region of genes which can be used as functional/bio markers
2. Variant discovered can be used for agricultural improvement
3. Plant exome sequencing can be explored for various purposes like exploring the bio diversity of plants, studying plant-host pathogen interaction, exploring natural evolution of crop, symbiotic association studies.
4. Alternative cost effective approach for WGS
1. DNA Extraction
2. DNA quality check using Qubit and Gel Electrophoresis
3. Preparation of the sequencing libraries
4. Validation of the prepared library
5. Sequencing (HiSeq/NextSeq)
6. Bioinformatics Analysis