A targeted approach of sequencing that works by flanking the specific genomic region of interest with primers (amplified through PCR) for analyzing genetic variations.
1. Targeting specific and smaller regions to detect SNPs, InDels and copy number variations (CNVs).
2. Diversity screening at populations level among the individual
3. Identification of rare variants associated with disease
4. Metagenome analysis using target regions like 16S rRNA, ITS region etc
5. DNA barcoding of animals using mitochondrial cytochrome oxidase_1 (co1) gene and in plants using matK, rbcL, trnH-psbB etc.,
6. Sequencing and characterizing of GC rich regions of the organisms
1. DNA Extraction
2. DNA quality check using quantification and Bioanalyser
3. PCR Amplification
4. Addition of the Illumina sequencing indexes
5. Validation of the prepared library
6. Sequencing (MiSeq/HiSeq/NextSeq/Pacbio/Nanopore)
7. Bioinformatics Analysis